BYO Device Requirements
At many locations, students have the option to either hire a Code Camp laptop (HP), or to bring one from home.
The laptop being brought from home just needs to meet the following criterion:
- Should be a bonafide laptop, a tablet or phone won't be adequate
- Must be able to connect to wifi networks without restrictions
- Have a web browser installed (e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge). Please note that if the laptop is a Mac, it will need access to the admin login (main login)
- Be reasonably fast and perform well
- Shouldn't be more than 4 years old (this is a recommendation only, it can be older as long as it is reasonably fast)
Also, all Windows laptops need to have Windows 10 or later, Macs should be 10.10 (Yosemite) or later and Chromebooks should be Chrome OS version 53 or later.
Laptop hire for the duration of camp costs:
- $45 for a 3-day camp